Gig Review: Wayward Daughter (At Fireworks Night)

So I already posted about Wayward Daughter and their gig at the fireworks in Cassiobury Park last Saturday and I thought I'd better let you know how that went.

They were on first due to the radio station thinking that they would play an acoustic set - but they actually had the full live band on. They had a pretty big turn-out and everyone in the crowd was really hyped for them - I even heard a few other people singing their lyrics in the crowd during the set so that was really nice.

They opened with one of my favourite songs of theirs - Class A, and absolutely slayed it! All instruments were on point, Lydia's vocals were killer and the band chemistry was great. Everyone was just having a great time. After Class A, they played the first song they ever wrote together - What I Have Done. This was cute. Just the right song for fireworks. Everyone really seemed to enjoy it and I know I was loving it. But then after that, just as everyone was really really getting into them, the organisers cut their set short :| MADNESS! People called for an encore - chanting "we want more!". Sadly, that was the end of their set but they did what they could with the time they had - and they rocked - WD! WD! WD!

Overall rating - 7/10

Some pictures from the night...




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment