On The Fourth Day Of Christmas...

On the fourth day of Christmas I chose "Daybreaker" by Architects as my 4th favourite album of 2012. Released on the 28th of May 2012.

This album is so ridiculously awesome! Everything about this album is just top quality. When I first listened to this album I was astounded by how good the instruments were. To be honest that was the first thing I thought. The instruments, the drums and guitar especially, in every song were crazy good! Of course Sam (vocalist) is great also but I think from the whole album I was most in awe of the instruments. This being said Sam's lyrics are also second to none. Especially in "Even If You Win, You're Still A Rat". This is just what albums should sound like.

Some of my favourites from this album are "Alpha Omega", "Outsider Heart", "Devil's Island" and "These Colours Don't Run". These four songs are absolutely immense! "Alpha Omega" hits so hard when it comes in at the beginning and the bridge is also fantastic. "Outsider Heart" instrumentally this is one of the craziest (if not the craziest song) on the album. If you don't believe me - see for yourself. "Devil's Island" is definitely one of the songs on the album that caught me lyrically - awesome lyrics. "These Colours Don't Run" is so so energy filled, it's no wonder it's one of their best live songs - people go absolutely mental for this song live (check it out).

I was so happy that I got to see them live earlier this year (and for just £13!!) they were absolutely amazing! The crowd was pumped and Architects were on top form. They played some of my other favourites from their previous albums ("Hollow Crown" and "The Here And Now") and almost everyone in the crowd still knew the lyrics to their older stuff - some maybe even knew them better! It was a crazy gig and I would happily pay double the price to see them again.

Their album is definitely one of the best I've heard all year without a shadow of a doubt...

  

PS: Tomorrow we enter into my Top 3 favourite albums of 2012!!! :)



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment