On The Seventh Day Of Christmas...

Ok so, today is the seventh day of Christmas and the start of my countdown of my seven favourite albums of 2012.

My number 7 is "Our Version Of Events" by Emeli Sandé. This album was released on the 10th of February 2012. Many have already named it "the album of the year". The Times even called her "the voice of 2012" and rightly so - Emeli Sandé has sung at almost every single big time event this year (The Olympic Ceremonies, Sports Personality Of The Year, The X Factor, etc...) and if she wasn't physically performing then her songs were usually played in the background of montages and things like that. Safe to say, she's done pretty well this year...

When I bought the album I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting from it - I just wanted something new to listen to I guess. Well, this album gave me that, and then some. I listened to this album for a good 3 months after I got it. I don't think there was one song on there that I didn't like and almost every song on the album has been "my favourite" at some point. 

Her song "Heaven" was the first single from the album. Absolute banger! Great song to dance to, I don't know it just makes me happy.  Some of my other main favourites from the album have been "My Kind Of Love", "Clown", "Next To Me", "Hope" and "Suitcase", but I have two very special favourites that I need to talk about individually.

If I was to listen to any track from this album 10 years down the line it would first either be "Breaking The Law" or "River". These two songs are impeccable. Her voice is just silk, both songs are pretty simple but they are my favourite songs on the album. 

Overall the album does have the ability to drag after sometime and can become kind of boring if you're not in the mood for that style of music. But other than that, every song is quality and it is well produced.

If you haven't already gathered, I really like this album. And Emeli Sandé is fantastic. Maybe a little overrated but still fantastic. 


PS: Her latest single from the album is "Clown" and a SPECIAL EDITION has been released just in time for the Christmas season - feel free to pick that up. :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment