MARCH MUSIC MADNESS

Ok so, March has been a particularly crazy month in the music world and we're only half-way there! (resisting the urge to break into Bon Jovi). Seeing as it's been such a busy month I thought I'd recap some of the albums that I've heard over the month and let you know what upcoming ones that you should keep an eye out for.


STEREOPHONICS - GRAFFITI ON THE TRAIN
Stereophonics released their new album "Graffiti On The Train" last week and it is really really good. To be honest, I don't think I was expecting it to be as good as it was. I think I'd forgot how talented Stereophonics were, but this album definitely served as a good reminder. I suggest picking up a copy when you get the chance. Best Tracks: 'When The Sun Goes Down', 'Catacomb', 'Indian Summer', 'Violins And Tambourines' and 'In A Moment'. 
Rating - 8.5/10




SOUND CITY PLAYERS - REAL TO REEL
Dave Grohl recently directed a documentary focusing on the famous Sound City Studios in California. If you have not yet seen this movie I would 100 times recommend watching it - one of the most inspiring things I have seen in a long while. But to the point, Dave Grohl also produced and released a collaborative album alongside the movie with some of the musicians who appeared in it. Needless to say, it is absolute quality. The album is called "Sound City: Real To Reel" - get your hands on that. Best Tracks: 'From Can To Can't', 'Mantra', 'Can't Fix This' and 'Cut Me Some Slack'.
Rating - 8/10

With the amount of new music there's been I haven't been able to listen to all of the albums that have come out this month yet but here are some of the ones that'll I'll be listening to over the forthcoming weeks: Bastille - Bad Blood, Hurts - Exile, Dido - Girl Who Got Away, Hillsong United - Zion, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist, and Girls Names - The New Life. Feel free to give some of those a listen. :) And now, upcoming albums...





JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - THE 20/20 EXPERIENCE
Justin Timberlake has released his comeback/third studio album today. I'm actually not entirely sure how much I'll enjoy it to be honest. After listening to "Suit & Tie" I was pretty convinced that it wouldn't be great, but now that I've heard "Mirrors" there may still be hope! I suppose I'll just have to listen and find out before I assume anything...





DAUGHTER - IF YOU LEAVE
Finally! After all these years Daughter are releasing a full length LP on the 18th of March. From what I've read, it'll feature some of their previous hits like "Smother" and "Still". Originally I was sure that this album would be awesome; that was until I read a terrible review of it in this week's NME Magazine giving it 5/10. I won't let that sway me too much though, will definitely still give it a listen and make my own decision. I'd advise you to do the same :)



 
PEACE - IN LOVE 
I actually wrote about Peace a while ago as one of my "New Discoveries" and look at them now - all blown up and storming the indie rock world. The band in general has definitely grown on me more since initially hearing them and I am 98% certain that I will seriously enjoy this album. Really look forward to picking it up on the 25th of March.










THE STROKES - COMEDOWN MACHINE
This is probably going to make various appearances in my summer playlists this year! Ever since their last album "Angles" I've been patiently waiting for them to drop a new record for me to absolutely rinse, and it would seem that my time has finally come! When I listen to this on the 26th of March, things will most certainly be looking up! (resisting the urge to break into Paramore).







WAVVES - AFRAID OF HEIGHTS
Another essential addition to this year's summer playlist! These surf rock geniuses will most certainly deliver on this album with some lively but reasonably chilled tunes to jam to over the coming Spring/Summer months. Definitely ready for this album to drop on the 26th of March.






 
THE STORY SO FAR - WHAT YOU DON'T SEE
I have been praying for this album ever since I saw them live in November 2012. Their last album "Under Soil And Dirt" was Pop Punk gold!! If there's a limit to how much you can listen to an album, I'm pretty sure I broke it with this one, and now I expect I'll be breaking it again when this new album comes out on the 26th of March





Well, all that's left to say is, pick some of these up if you get the chance - you shan't regret it! HAPPY MARCH :)

PS: Other upcoming albums that I didn't mention: "Suede - Bloodsports" (the 18th of March) and "Chvrches - Recover (EP)" (the 26th of March).

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment