Red Hot Chili Peppers Headline Coachella 2013

I just watched this entire RHCP set from this Coachella last weekend and my goodness!! They may be seasoned but their musicianship has most definitely gotten better with age. Stream the full set here...




Now, RHCP definitely don't play like young men (well Flea might) but they haven't forgotten how to rock. In my opinion, Josh's various guitar solos and embellishments make this performance. Obviously Chad being one of my inspirations as a drummer, absolutely tore up this set but Josh's performance must be acknowledged! I want to say more about Flea but I couldn't hear his bass enough! To be honest, I think this may be simply due to the recording, because I had the same problem with Walter's bass when I watched Foals' set from the weekend but yeah I was certainly left wanting in terms of the bass.

And of course, frontman Anthony banged out this set with such ease. I expected him to try and get a lot more support from the crowd in terms of vocals but he barely missed a beat and he looked too damn cool doing it! But to be honest I probably shouldn't have expected any less. I JUST WISH I WAS THERE!!!

Favourite songs from this performance: "Can't Stop", "Under The Bridge", "By The Way" and "Give It Away".

There were some absolutely mind-bogglingly stunning performances this year at Coachella from what I've seen. Honourable mention definitely goes to, Janelle Monae, Foals, Alt-J, Vampire Weekend and Wu-Tang Clan - and that's just from the few things that I've seen, I'm sure there were loads more phenomenal performances that I'll have to check out this week but that's where I stand for now...

Until next year Coachella ;)


PS: Check out some pictures from Weekend 1 here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment