YouTube Video(s) Of The Week

Well today's YTVOW is going to be a little bit different, as I have it on good authority that yesterday was YouTube's 8 year anniversary of being founded!! And so in honour of this, today I will post my 8 favourite videos from YouTube this week. In no particular order...

1. HAIM performing "Forever" on Jools Holland: This video is both music related and HYSTERICAL! Some of the facial expressions that the bassist has on - talk about bassface...


2. Stop, Drop And Tooch - United Sirens Of America: Ok this song/video is absolutely terrible. It's actually from one of the older cycles of America's Next Top Model, but I just recently watched it again and realised just how dreadfully hilarious is was...



3. Lost Paradise (Cover) - Juliette Valduriez: One of the best female guitarists I've ever witnessed. Such an effortlessly fantastic cover, all guitarists should take a leaf out of this girls book...


4. Foals - Inhaler (At The Royal Albert Hall 28/03/13): OH TO BE AT THIS GIG!! This is the best performance of Inhaler that I've ever heard from Foals hands down. Maybe it's the London crowd, but gosh darn it this video even had my heart beating fast...

 

5. The Lizzie McGuire Booty Shake: This song just takes me back to my childhood. I used to always want to be able to sing/dance like Lizzie McGuire in this movie. Evidently Kingsley did too...


6. Summer 2013 Blockbuster Montage: Well, it would seem there are a lot of movies coming up this summer, so why watch a bunch of trailers when you can watch an entire trailer for all of them AND it's to the song "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark". How could I pass that up?...


7. Florence + The Machine - Over The Love:  FATM has a new track out for the Great Gatsby Soundtrack and of course, it's an absolute banger. I think Florence is one of the only artists that has never released a song that I've thought was bad, ever. Talent.


8. Rosa Di Finizio - Hail Bop (Django Django Full Instrument Cover): This is quite a tough song to cover with all of the harmonies and different synth-y sound effects and takes great attention to detail. However, this girl has done exceptionally well with this cover...


Well there are some of the best videos I've watched this week. Thank God for YouTube because without it, who knows how boring life would be?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment