MAY DAY

Almost halfway through the year and we've had loads of awesome releases. They definitely don't seem to be slowing down for anybody as we have all of these fabulous releases to look forward to this May (and more)...



PRIMAL SCREAM - MORE LIGHT
This will be their tenth album! That's absolutely incredible that an artist can keep performing for that long and still come out and release quality music after 9 full albums (excluding live albums, compilation albums and remix albums). MADNESS! Will definitely be excited to pick this up after it comes out today (the 6th of May).



THE GREAT GATSBY SOUNDTRACK
Jay-Z produced this as a compilation album that will be the soundtrack to the 2013 motion picture. It features various different artists like Florence + The Machine, The xx, Lana Del Rey and Emeli Sande. Some of the singles have already been released (listen to Flo's song here). This record also comes out today (the 6th of May) and I'm sure it'll make this film even greater than it's already set to be.




NOAH AND THE WHALE - HEART OF NOWHERE
Great timing for NATW to release a new record - I'm sure there'll be lots of summer tunes on the album that I will most certainly overplay once I get my hands on the album and the sun comes out. I've heard some good things about this album so am definitely looking forward to giving it a listen. The record hits the shelves today (the 6th of May).





SAVAGES - SILENCE YOURSELF
Another fantastic debut album to look forward to - 2013 is most certainly the year of the debuts. A good friend of mine actually introduced me to Savages last year and they are literally one of the most elusive bands around. Up until now, I've only been able to find two of their singles but that's kept me going whilst waiting for this debut. This post-punk gem becomes available on the 7th of May.






GABRIELLE APLIN - ENGLISH RAIN
Gabrielle has been getting bigger and bigger ever since her whole "Power Of Love" commercial success and she's finally coming out with her debut on the 13th of May. I heard some of her singles quite a few years ago and I was never too fussed about them or her, but recently I've heard a few singles from the album and I have to say, I've been impressed. Quite interested to see what the full record sounds like.







VAMPIRE WEEKEND - MODERN VAMPIRES OF THE CITY
Another well timed release. Vampire Weekend are the kings of the summertime. Their previous release Contra was the soundtrack to my summer in 2010. Maybe this new release will be the soundtrack to my summer 2013. I've heard a few singles from the album already (listen to one here), and so I look forward to hearing the full LP on the 14th of May.





DAFT PUNK - RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES
Initially, when I found out that Daft Punk were releasing a new record I was really excited for it. Then I heard the song "Lose Yourself To Dance" from the album and I was not impressed at all. It is the same beat, nothing more nothing less, for over 5 minutes. That really disappointed me. Then obviously "Get Lucky" was released and it was definitely better but it still wasn't enough to get me really excited for the album again. However, when it comes out on the 17th of May maybe it'll end up really surpassing my expectations.




TRIBES - WISH TO SCREAM
Tribes' first album Baby was definitely a good album but it wasn't something that I overplayed - I enjoyed it but after a couple listens I think I was over it. I hope that doesn't happen with "Wish To Scream" when it's out on the 20th of May but I definitely feel like it's a possibility. Tribes are very talented though so I'll just have to keep an open mind and see what they give me...






CHARLIE BOYER AND THE VOYEURS - CLARIETTA 
Another debut album coming out this month and again quite timely in fact. Charlie Boyer and the Voyeurs have quite a "Peace"-esque sound about them and I have a feeling that this album will provide a few great indie anthems for the summer. This comes out on the 27th of May.







LAURA MARLING - ONCE I WAS AN EAGLE 
I've never really been that into Laura Marling. She has a good voice definitely but I was never that interested. This new album drops on the 27th of May and there's been quite a bit of buzz surrounding it. So I figure that there's no better time than the present to get interested in a new artist. Hopefully, this album will be a pleasant surprise.






ALICE IN CHAINS - THE DEVIL PUT DINOSAURS HERE 
I'm actually a little bit embarrassed that I hadn't gotten into this band sooner. They've been around for over 20 years! I only found out about them earlier this year. They're an Alternative Metal/Grunge band not dissimilar from the likes Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. I've heard a few of their singles recently and liked them instantly. Really really looking forward to their album on the 28th of May. There's been a huge lack of grunge music in my life over the past few months, now it's up to this record to fill the void.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment