SOTD: Drive And Disconnect

Spotify has been blessing me over the past couple of years with up-to-date releases and new songs and albums aimed at my tastes, and so on an awful commute home earlier this week it pleasantly surprised me with this beautiful summer-to-autumn light jam.




NAO is really stepping back onto the scene and although she seems to be doing so rather quietly, she's taken some pretty big leaps. Veering a little bit off the course of her debut album For All We Know, NAO is back with some experimental Pop music and each single has been more different from the last. The only thing that I can confidently predict for this sophomore album is that it will be a very solid release. NAO's vocals have never faltered and after spending more time producing, DJ-ing and building, I suspect that the instrumentals on this new record will not disappoint. One small qualm that I do have with this song however, it would have faired much better within the mainstream charts in 2013, whilst West African influences in Pop music were stronger and in abundance. As enjoyable as it is currently, I can see this coming across as dated a few years from now. However, when the talent is undeniable, appreciation often ends up where it's due and so I expect that once the album Saturn drops on the 26th of October, this will be lauded as one of a few stand-out tracks. 

CONVERSATION

1 comments: