VIDEO PREMIERE: Glue

Trophy Wife released a video for their new single "Glue" earlier today. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it yet but here you go...



To be completely honest, I think that I would have enjoyed the song more if I'd heard it before watching the video. The song in itself is actually quite good and would not be out of place on a full length record of theirs. However, I found the video pretty boring and irrelevant after a while. I could see that they were going for something quite artsy and analogical but it definitely got boring after some time and almost started to take the song with it.

Here are some words that the band had to say about the song/video:

"We've been opening our live show with this song for a little while and wanted to make a video for it because we feel that lyrically this is one of the strongest things we've done...its about choice and the labyrinthine paths that open up before us prior to a decision - pre-empting the ache of hind sight and the turmoil this creates."

I really love Trophy Wife's sound and I would love to see them live one day but this video just didn't do it for me. I hope they release a full length album soon though because the song is good.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment