NEW READING & LEEDS ACTS

A couple of days ago, Reading & Leeds Festivals added over 30 new bands to the already AMAZING line up. There are quite a few that had me gasping and cheering so I thought I'd specify which ones and tell you my favourite tracks of theirs.

DON BROCO - Hold On


One of my favourite songs from this album (Priorities). I have seen these lads three times already and they have never ever disappointed me. To be honest, the best I've ever seen them was at Reading last year - they absolutely SLAYED it. Them at Reading this year on the main stage will be GOLD.

THE PRETTY RECKLESS - Make Me Wanna Die


Probably the most well known song by this band and from the few others that I heard it is probably the best. Hugely catchy, riff-tastic, and the build up on the bridge - flawless. I would love to see this performed live.

DEAF HAVANA - Filthy Rotten Scoundrels


One of the best songs on this entire album. I want to say that it has a killer opener but it's not just the intro - it's the intro, the finish and everything in between! The drums on this track are mad. I saw Deaf Havana live last year at Reading on the Main Stage and they were alright but I think they'll be even better this year on the NME/Radio 1 stage.

DARWIN DEEZ - Radar Detector


Mad love for Mr Deez. He has recently been on tour in the UK and although I sadly couldn't get tickets, from what I heard, the tour was immense. I'm sure his set at Reading will be absolute quality. This song just makes me so happy (the album makes me ecstatic).

SAN CISCO - Fred Astaire


And now the band who actually supported Darwin Deez on his UK tour. San Cisco are a pretty good upcoming Indie Pop band and the songs from their current self-titled album will be perfect for the festival environment.

WAVVES - Lunge Forward


One of the best albums that I've heard all year. I LOVE THIS BAND. Hopefully, I'll be able to see them live this year because they have produced some of the best music I've heard in a long while. Reading won't know what hit 'em.

CHARLIE BOYER AND THE VOYEURS - Be Nice



Just some feel good Indie Rock music. Simple and fun. It's pretty hard not to like this band. With their debut album out less than a month ago, they will be well set up to perform at the festivals this year.

GNARWOLVES - Limerence

 

I actually saw these guys last year when they supported The Story So Far at The Kasbah. They weren't what I expected but they got the crowd sufficiently riled up nonetheless. Check out what I had to say about them here

SAVAGES - Shut Up

 

Again another album that has made my Top 10 list of albums this year. THIS ALBUM IS FRENETIC. A masterpiece of a debut. And this beauty, is just the opening track! If the bass is as ferocious as this live then this set will be feral. I AM READY. Reading however, is not.

So those are a few of the fantastic acts that I'd like to see this year and just a few of the immense acts that will grace the six stages in the Reading and Leeds fields this year. Here's a list of all the acts that were announced this week...

Don Broco
The Pretty Reckless
Deaf Havana
Darwin Deez
Villagers
Wavves
Alvin Risk
Night Engine
Hawk Eyes
Filter
Hacktivist
Frankie & The Heartstrings
Feed The Rhino
The Creepshow
Rat Attack
Palm Reader
Gnarwolves
PAPA
Charlie Boyer & The Voyeurs
Savages
DIIV
Dan Croll
Sons & Lovers
Mount Kimbie
In The Valley Below
China Rats
San Cisco
Itch
Chance The Rapper
Post War Years
Pegboard Nerds
Sonic Boom Six
Off With Their Heads
Chuck Ragan
Anti Vigilante
Sharks
Great Cynics
The Virginmarys
Beware Of Darkness

2013 THE YEAR OF FESTIVALS!

PS: If that's not enough to make you want to get yourself to a festival this summer, click here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment