SIX YEARS OF RIOT!

I can't believe that it's already been six years today, since Paramore released RIOT! "Can't count the years on one hand, that we've been together!" haha. This was the album that actually got me into Paramore and if I'm honest, this was the album that actually got me interested in Rock/Alternative music - let's just say, without this album my whole life would've been pretty different. Although it's not actually my favourite album of theirs, it's meant a lot to me and done a lot for my life. So in honour of the six year anniversary, I'm going to talk to you about my six favourite tracks on the record.

FOR A PESSIMIST, I'M PRETTY OPTIMISTIC
This is just an ultimate pop punk banger. Riff-tastic gloriousness. Hayley's vocals on this track are gritty and raw but perfect for the song. It's impossible to sing this song without headbanging and flailing your arms about. The bridge/breakdown instrumental is awesome too. The first time I saw them live and the bass from this bridge rumbled through my chest was just surreal. Enjoy...



CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH
One of the first songs that made me want to start playing the drums. Great drum part, great video, great lyrics. This song also builds really well and will have you bopping your head as soon as Hayley sings "nothing compares to...".


HALLELUJAH
It's impossible for me to not feel happy after/whilst listening to this song. The video is really cute too. Hayley's vocals soar in this song and they take you with them. One of Paramore's most uplifting songs ever. If you're ever feeling low, just pop this on...


MIRACLE
I have to admit, I really didn't give this song enough recognition when I first heard the album. I liked it but I never thought of it as one of the standout tracks on the album. Then one day, I was listening to it and it was like I was hearing it for the first time. Fantastic song. It was nice to hear Josh's backing vocals on a track again too.


LET THE FLAMES BEGIN
Now, probably my favourite song on the entire album, actually one of my favourite Paramore songs ever to be honest. If you ever see them live, this is one song you can count on to be one of the best of the night



MISERY BUSINESS
I don't want to be one of those Paramore fans that are like "woo miz biz is my favourite song, Paramore are the best, what's their new album called though?" But Misery Business is the first Paramore song that I ever heard and I loved it from the get-go. Quality song. It's the anthem. Probably one of the best videos they've ever done too...


Congrats to Paramore for releasing 4 great records. I look forward to many more years and many more great records.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment