Albums Out Next Week...

After the few but majorly awesome releases of last week it's interesting to have so many new records coming out this next week - hopefully a few of these records will be up to the same level of awesomeness as a few of the records from last week (which you can check out here)...




DEAF HAVANA - OLD SOULS
After overplaying their awesome 2011 record "Fools And Worthless Liars" for the past couple of years I'm excited to finally hear some new material from Deaf Havana on the 16th of September. However, most of the songs that I've heard from this new record so far have been pretty tame/slow and I'm just hoping that the album as a whole isn't mostly ballads - a little bit o' heaviness never hurt nobody...





MANIC STREET PREACHERS - REWIND THE FILM
I haven't actually heard a lot of MSP's stuff just the odd song here and there - so I'm interested to actually hear to what a full album of theirs would sound like. They're already in talks of putting out a new album next year - this band does not mess about! The first song of theirs that I heard was "Indian Summer", hence - the reason why I'm looking forward to the release on the 16th of September.




PLACEBO - LOUD LIKE LOVE
I have the utmost faith that this record will be an enjoyable listen. Their last record "Battle For The Sun" was fantastic - full of so many hits. Now, the songs that I've heard from this upcoming record are a little different no doubt about it, but I still think that there'll be a few bangers on this record when it comes to the 16th of September




THE NAKED AND FAMOUS - IN ROLLING WAVES
I was pretty deceived by this band if I'm honest - I'd seen their name around quite a bit so I thought that I'd give them a listen. So I listened to "Hearts Like Ours" from this upcoming record. I really didn't expect them to sound the way that they did, they sound a lot like Chvrches - which has pros and cons in itself. I don't know, right now I'm not really feeling them but we'll see on the 16th of September.




MGMT - MGMT
I kind of wish that they'd released this record in time for summer/festival season so that they could have toured it and I could've seen them. HOWEVER, them releasing it now gives me enough time to learn all the lyrics before festival season next year. You can get learning too on the 17th of September.







DANGERKIDS - COLLAPSE
Since signing with Rise Records this group's popularity has sky rocketed! I wrote about them as a new discovery back when they weren't too well known. Now, they've been spotted in popular magazines such as Rock Sound and AltPress and this debut record is set to get them a lot more recognition. Super psyched to hear this on the 17th of September





KINGS OF LEON - MECHANICAL BULL
Another release that is guaranteed to be a good listen. Their single "Supersoaker" from this record is awesome. A little more indie than some of their other stuff but I really really like it nonetheless. Excited to hear the record on the 20th of Sepember and hopefully see them tour it in the upcoming months.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment