Underrated/Overrated (Part Five)

Been doing this "Underrated/Overrated" series for quite a while now and since I started, there have definitely been a few more records to come out that I feel are either underrated or overrated so I think this may just have to go on a while longer. If you missed the last part you can read up here. But here's part five for those of you who're already caught up...

UNDERRATED ALBUM

WOODKID - The Golden Age
Many people will have been deceived into thinking that they heard a lot of hype about this album and it wasn't underrated at all. However, most of those people will only have heard the song "Iron" from this record and maybe a snippet of "Run Boy Run" used in a commercial. Not many people can tell me much about the rest of this album, which is sad because it's actually full of quality tracks! Although "Iron" has undeniably one of the sickest (most head-banging inducing) beats I've heard in a long while there are definitely some other contenders on this record worth checking out. Such as: "The Great Escape", "I Love You", "Conquest Of Spaces" and "Ghost Lights"...




OVERRATED ALBUM

THE LUMINEERS - The Lumineers
This album was overrated to the extent that it actually just became extremely annoying. At first, people started tweeting about them, talking about how their album is pretty cool, talking about this "Ho Hey" song, so I thought I'd better check them out. By the time I got round to listening to the record "Ho Hey" had polluted my ears every single day without fail. Be it on the radio, on tv, on internet adverts, on the street! This song would not leave me alone!!! Next thing I know they're playing Reading Festival main stage above acts like Editors and Phoenix - wow! The album at the end of the day was nothing special (unpopular opinion) it was just average indie pop music that we seem to be getting a lot more of recently *cough* The 1975 *cough*. The album needed to be a lot more to live up to its hype if I'm honest...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment