Music News...

A few exciting things have happened in the past week. Not as much news as the week before but still a substantial amount of news has hit the interwebs over the past seven days. Take a gander...


KINGS OF LEON NEW MUSIC VIDEO "BEAUTIFUL WAR"
Even though I'm actually yet to listen to their latest record Mechanical Bull, I have been keeping an eye out for KOL and after reading about their gig announcement (playing Milton Keynes Bowl on the 22nd of June), luckily my eyes rested upon this gem. Awesome video and lovely song.


EAGULLS NEW MUSIC VIDEO "TOUGH LUCK"
Since writing about Eagulls as a new discovery last month, I've been listening out for them. I must say, they just continue to impress me and after getting a taste of what their live shows are like in this video, I am definitely interested in catching them live. Check it out here.


ELLA EYRE NEW SINGLE "LOVE ME LIKE YOU"
Another contender for BBC's Sounds of 2014 competition and she just keeps showing us why. A good voice is becoming less and less necessary for an artist to make it big in the industry nowadays but Ella Eyre is one of the few that provides us with the full package. Have a listen here.


MAXIMO PARK NEW SINGLE "LEAVE THIS ISLAND"
I haven't heard much from Maximo Park in a while and so when I heard that they were releasing a new single I thought I'd have a listen (here) and see what direction they were going in. I do quite like this song but it's a lot different to what I remember them sounding like.


BUSTA RHYMES & Q-TIP NEW COLLABORATIVE MIXTAPE
It's always a pleasure when two rap/hip-hop geniuses come together and make music. Sorry Jay-Z and Kanye but it's time for some veterans to carry the torch on this one. I'm yet to listen to the full mixtape but with Busta's flow and Q-Tip's beats/rhymes this'll be a good'un. The mixtape is called The Abstract And The Dragon.


FOO FIGHTERS PERFORM WARM UP GIG IN PIZZA PARLOR
This is why they're one of my favourite bands. It's not often that you get a band that has sold out Wembley Stadium and headlined festivals all over the world, playing a two-hour long set in a tiny pizza parlor. Foo Fighters obviously slayed the set. Check out short clips here and here. I'll leave you with just two words... Taylor Hawkins.


MACAULAY CULKIN FORMS PIZZA-THEMED VELVET UNDERGROUND BAND
Following the death of The Velvet Underground frontman Lou Reed, Home Alone's Macaulay Culkin has put together a cover band called The Pizza Underground and has put out a demo covering popular VU songs but with a pizza-themed twist. Get the demo at 'name your price' value here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment