On The Fifth Day Of Christmas...

The fifth day of Christmas and as we move further up the list it gets harder and harder to choose them...

Today's album is Sempiternal by Bring Me The Horizon. If you'd have told me last year that I'd be putting one of BMTH's albums on my favourite albums of the year list I would have probably laughed in your face. This time last year I'd only heard a few bits and pieces of BMTH's material but I have to say I was not impressed at all. Thus, as you can imagine, when my friend told my I needed to listen to their new album, I was a little bit sceptical. Nonetheless, I got a hold of the album and gave it a chance...

To say that it surpassed my expectations is an understatement. I would've been glad if even one or two songs impressed me but the whole album?! Every single song on that record was great in my opinion. After the first listen, I continued to overplay it for quite a few months afterwards. Kerrang! Magazine actually chose it as their number one album of the year. Having to watch Reading Festival from my couch this summer upset me enough but surprisingly the set I was most upset about missing was BMTH's. This album definitely made my opinion of them do a 180.

My main favourites from the record were: "Sleepwalking", "Shadow Moses", "Can You Feel My Heart", "Antivist" and "Empire (Let Them Sing)". This'll definitely be a post-hardcore record that I refer back to lots in the future. I just hope that BMTH continue to put out material of this standard (or higher) from now on. This was really a monumental record for them.


To see the album that I chose as my fifth favourite last year, click here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment