UNEXPECTED OUTCOMES

There have been quite a few unexpected outcomes in the music industry of late and I thought I'd highlight some of the ones that I personally found a little odd.

NUMBER ONE:
The first of these unexpected outcomes being NIN, QOTSA, Dave Grohl & Lindsey Buckingham's Grammy Performance. Literally even writing this I'm not sure if I just wrote that correctly. That combination of artists on a live stage performance is absolutely perfect. Trent Reznor a (somewhat controversial) musical chameleon, Josh Homme a beautiful, beautiful musician/riff-god, Dave Grohl one of the world's best drummers, frontmen and just all round people, Lindsey Buckingham guitar hero in the fabulous, Fleetwood Mac and to top it off, the youngest drummer ever to play Woodstock - Ilan Rubin! THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED A BLESSING. Sadly, many people left during the performance leaving the arena more than half empty AND the TV network broadcasting it even cut the set short. I am still astounded at how such an injustice could have occurred. Either way, if you haven't yet watched the full thing, here it is...




NUMBER TWO:
Secondly, I really did not expect to like VERSA's new EP - Neon. For some reason I was just really wary about listening to it. Nonetheless, I downloaded it for free here and had a couple of listens and I actually dig it. Although the sound is different to them as VersaEmerge they still sound great in my opinion and I'm glad that I didn't just shun it before actually listening to it. Here's probably my favourite track from it at the moment...

 


NUMBER THREE:
I'm sure that most people reading this are aware that Super Bowl XXVI took place on the Sunday just past and obviously there are a lot of things that people are watching for besides the actual sport. Coca Cola aired a commercial during half-time and I was downright shocked and appalled to read the amount of racist and ignorant responses that people broadcast in regards to the song used (read here). Fair enough everyone is entitled to an opinion on things, but besides the disgusting comments it's probably more the sheer amount of them that disturbed me. I was just really disappointed to read that so much of the world is still prejudiced and plain racist. Watch the ad here...


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment