MUSICAL MARCH

February was a pretty good month for albums and you can see some of the albums that came out towards the end of the month here. However, new month, new music - so let's see what March has on offer...


PHARRELL WILLIAMS - GIRL
Since his huge hit with the Despicable Me 2 Soundtrack and massive input on Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, Pharrell has been hot on the music scene. Now that I think about all of the music that he's put out to date he does generally put out a lot of "feel good music" and I'm hoping that's what I'll get when the album drops today.



EAGULLS - EAGULLS
Leeds bred punk rockers have had major successes this year and this is only their debut! If their record continues to soar the way that their career has then hopefully we'll be hearing a lot more of them. They're currently on tour and this record drops today - definitely look into getting a copy or two.






METRONOMY - LOVE LETTERS
This band already has a pretty fabulous back catalogue if I do say so myself and so I'm excited to hear what they put out next with this fourth album. After hearing "I'm Aquarius" it did definitely grow on me - I hope the album does too! Love Letters drops on the 10th of March.






MØ - NO MYTHOLOGIES TO FOLLOW
I have been raving about MØ since around this time last year. After watching her get bigger and bigger and finally seeing more people recognise her talent, she is ready to release a full length, and I am more than ready to hear it. Another record to look forward to on the 10th of March.





ARCHITECTS - LOST FOREVER//LOST TOGETHER
LONG awaited follow up to Daybreaker from what I've heard of the album so far, both lyrically and musically it's among the best things I've heard in a while. They are currently on tour and I know that this record will produce a corker of a show! Have a listen on the 11th of March.






FOSTER THE PEOPLE - SUPERMODEL
I genuinely hope that this sophomore album is able to excel where their debut Torches fell down because the first half of that album was great in my opinion but the second half was very sub-par. Looking forward to a more consistent album on the 18th of March.







SHAKIRA - SHAKIRA
Colombian goddess Sharika is back with a few new poppy tunes for us to dance around to in clubs. After her collaboration with Rihanna on "Can't Remember To Forget You" I can kind of assume that the rest of the album will follow the same catchy song theme. However, I suppose that I'll find out on the 25 of March.





DARLIA - CANDYMAN EP
This trio has continued to impress me since hearing their track "Queen Of Hearts" and writing about them here. I'm actually really excited for this EP to drop because if the title track "Candyman" is anything to go by, it should find it's way to my Most Played list pretty quickly. Have a listen on the 31st of March.






KAISER CHIEFS - EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION & WAR
The Kaiser Chiefs have been quite quiet recently and I'm hoping that that's a good thing and that it's meant that they've been able to work on this new record to a point where it's their best to date. But I suppose we can find out what they've been up to on the 31st of March.




 

BAND OF SKULLS - HIMALAYAN
A band that I've actually only recently gotten into and this will be their third studio album so hopefully this means that I don't have too much catching up to do. I'm excited to see what a full length record sounds like from them on the 31st of March.






March is always a huge month for albums! Check out what gems came out last March here and have a look at what else you can expect later this month below...
 
Imogen Heap - Sparks, Lea Michele - Louder, La Dispute - Rooms Of The House, Enrique Iglesias - Sex + Love, Tycho - Awake, Johnny Cash - Out Among The Stars, Memphis May Fire - Unconditional, The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell, The Men - Tomorrow's Hits, Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once, and Timber Timbre - Hot Dreams.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment