Pixies.

Well, well, well - Pixies have got to be one of the best bands around at the moment at creating a huge buzz. After all the bassist switches, a new EP and the Field Day Festival announcement, they've come out with a piece of news that tops them all.

Last night I received an email saying "PIXIES TO RELEASE FIRST FULL STUDIO ALBUM IN MORE THAN TWO DECADES. Special Vinyl Release Confirmed for Record Store Day". I didn't even bother reading past that. Finally another Pixies album to add to the already fabulous collection. If I'm honest, I was actually a little surprised by this announcement. Although they'd been putting out new music and videos recently, it had just never crossed my mind that they'd put out a full length! The album Indie Cindy is set for release on the 28th of April.

I'm definitely excited to hear it and to hopefully see a couple of tracks from it at Field Day later this year. If it's anything like the stuff that they've been releasing recently (particularly "Magdalena" and "Blue Eyed Hexe") then I like it already. They've also just released a video for their single "Snakes" - another great new song.

Watch the great new video to go along with it here...


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment