Throwback Thursday: Queens Of The Stone Age

It's no secret that Queens Of The Stone Age are one of my favourite bands (especially seeing as I wrote about them here just yesterday), but I was listening through their albums again a few days ago, and rediscovered this banger...

QOTSA - First It Giveth



Nobody creates a riff that immediately makes me lose my mind quite like QOTSA do. As soon as the song started all I thought from that moment on was "YES!". This song has so many levels - the rhythm section keeps it fairly dirty with Josh's sensual vocals floating on top. Songs For The Deaf is up there in my top 3 QOTSA albums and I think I might have to say that this song is currently in my top 3 songs from it. Genius song! Check out this awesome performance of it from Glastonbury in 2011 here - absolutely buzzing to see them again at Reading this summer!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment