FEBRUARY FEELS

I still can't believe how big a month January was for music! I mean there were new things happening left, right and centre. Now let's see what February has to offer us in terms of new records...




ALL WE ARE - ALL WE ARE
I've been hearing buzz about All We Are for a long while now I whenever I see their name pop up I just wonder to myself "why haven't I heard many of their songs yet though?" Now my question has been answered. They've only just released their debut record on the 2nd of February! So now it's time for me to see whether the tunes match the buzz - judging by "Stone", the record has real potential.






YEARS & YEARS - Y & Y EP
Years & Years are one of my favourite things about 2015 so far. I really like their sound. I don't think I actually expected myself to like them so much but here we are. They released their EP on the 3rd of February - only four songs but I know I'll probably have them on repeat as if there's 11 on there. Check it out.







KID INK - FULL SPEED
Most (myself included) will only know Kid Ink by his 2014 club hit "Show Me" or maybe simply because he looks very similar to Chris Brown but however you've heard of him, he released his fourth record on the 3rd of February. I think it's time for me to catch up on his material outside of just "Show Me". 


 



PEACE - HAPPY PEOPLE
I've been really excited about this record for a while actually. After hearing their debut record In Love a couple of years ago and hearing how much work had gone into that, I wondered whether their follow up would even be able to hold a candle to it. I'm soon to find out - album hits the shelves on the 9th of February.






KODALINE - COMING UP FOR AIR
Speaking of sophomore albums, here comes another follow-up for a great debut. YouTube cover artists worldwide are going to be ecstatic. I predict a lot of great singles from this record - I just hope that it doesn't simply sound like a bunch of great singles but instead an awesome album. Have a listen on the 9th of February.







THE SUBWAYS - THE SUBWAYS
After writing about their new music video here earlier this week, I now find out that they're releasing the actual record. This'll be the decider for me I think. Right now, I'm not sure that I like them enough to call myself a fan at all, so I suppose I've find out on the 9th of February.






HAWK EYES - EVERYTHING IS FINE
Another band I don't yet know enough about. I had a listen to a couple of their songs and their latest single "Die Trying" is cool but again, I wouldn't call myself a fan. I wonder if the album will be able to change my mind on the 10th of February. To be honest, I feel like I might actually end up liking this record more than The Subways'.






STICK TO YOUR GUNS - DISOBEDIENT
I only started listening to Stick To Your Guns after hearing their joint EP split with The Story So Far but they are good! In particular, their single "What Choice Did You Give Us?" from this record is awesome. I'll be excited to listen to a full length of theirs on the 10th of February instead of just listening to a few singles here and there.






CARL BARAT & THE JACKALS - LET IT REIGN
The Libertines' co-frontman is back and blessing us with some solo side-project action. This is his debut album with The Jackals and from the few singles I've heard, it's sounding really good. I particularly like "A Storm Is Coming". Get your hands on the album on the 16th of February.








IMAGINE DRAGONS - SMOKE + MIRRORS
After their enormous debut record Night Visions in 2012, they're back with what I can only assume will be another chart topper. Expect to see them on a lot of upcoming festival bills after this drops on the 17th of February








ESTELLE - TRUE ROMANCE
I really like Estelle as a person and I love her older material but I must admit that a lot of the new things that she's brought out really just haven't been catching my attention. I'd even thought that she was done releasing music until I heard about this record. Nonetheless, I will give this new album a chance when it hits the shelves on the 17th of February.






CHEATAHS - SUNNE EP
I've seen NME drop this name around a few times over the past couple of years and have been meaning to check them out. I never really got much further than liking their Facebook page but when the album comes out on the 23rd of February I'll definitely used that as my chance to get involved. 






BIG SEAN - DARK SKY PARADISE
I've heard more about his relationship with Ariana Grande than I have about his music but I know that this record has an impressive list of feature artists  and so I expect big things (no pun intended) from this album on the 24th of February.







DUTCH UNCLES - O SHUDDER
Last but certainly not least, the record I've been looking forward to since I found out about it late last year is finally here! I've just been listening through their singles and patiently waiting. I'll be first in line to get my hands on it on the 24th of February.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment