NEW NOISE

I'm back! I had to take a little break from writing but as we all know, the music world never sleeps so in the next few days I'll try and catch up on a few things that I've missed, write some gig reviews, new discoveries, and more! For now I'll just tell you about some of the amazing tracks that have graced the airwaves these past few weeks...

MURA MASA - FIREFLY (FEAT. NAO)
I am loving this track right now! Absolutely great spring/summer time jam. Ever since discovering Nao's unique voice when she supported Little Dragon on their Nabuma Rubberband Tour last year here, I've been waiting for cool collaborations like this to come about. Enjoy...




KENDRICK LAMAR - KING KUNTA
I can't believe I'm only just talking about this. I listened to the album the day that it dropped and I should have been the first to say - INSTANT CLASSIC!! Even though I'm sure that I'm a bit behind on claiming that now, I can still say that if you somehow haven't heard this track yet, get involved! The funk shall be within you...



VIC MENSA - U MAD (FEAT. KANYE WEST)
Speaking of another thing that's been on my mind this month - all of this Kanye headlining Glastonbury drama that's occurred has just made me sad and angry, people need to show appreciation where it's due regardless of personal feelings towards Kanye. He deserves the slot more than most. Mini rant aside, check out the new collab with Vic Mensa...



TAME IMPALA - 'CAUSE I'M A MAN
This album is already causing a stir and it's going to be a brilliant late summer wind down album. Always the perfect thing to chill out to and this track is no different. I was really feeling some Prince vibes from this song actually - funky stuff...



FLORENCE + THE MACHINE - SHIP TO WRECK
I AM SO SO SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ALBUM I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF. Florence has never disappointed me and so I don't expect this streak to end on album number 3, everything's already sounding great. Here's the opening track of the new record...


 
JANELLE MONAE - YOGA (FEAT. JIDENNA)
I definitely did not expect this when I heard that Janelle was releasing a new single. Upon first listen I did say "this is more of a Beyonce single" but I just keep going back to it! This song is uber catchy and the video is of course stunning. Great move from Janelle hear and lovely to see Jidenna involved.



DIAMOND YOUTH - THOUGHT I HAD IT RIGHT
So Diamond Youth have released the first few singles from their upcoming debut album and I am pleasantly surprised. Not that I didn't think that they would be good, quite the contrary - I expected them to be awesome, I just didn't think that they would sound the way that they do. Enjoy...


  


RADKEY - PARADE IT
Another debut album that I'm stoked to listen to right here! This is going to be a huge step for the boys and it's brilliant to think of how much more time they are going to be spending on UK soil. Simple songs but quality all the same.


THE MACCABEES - MARKS TO PROVE IT
New albums approaching left, right and centre! Maccabees have been popping up everywhere with live shows, festival announcements and now new singles. I absolutely love this track - this record should be big. And in terms of live performance, this should be a banger.

 

MEWITHOUTYOU - RED COW
I'm especially elated about this new record. I had new idea that there would even be one and then all of a sudden I see this single announcement. mewithoutYou are masters at releasing big builders and this song is no different. A gentle start but a huge energy just comes along during the middle. BIG song.




THE STORY SO FAR - HEAVY GLOOM
I'm not going to lie, at the beginning of the year I was actually worried that TSSF wouldn't be making a third album, for some reason I just had that feeling. Thank God I was wrong! Their new tracks are just making me smile - perfect timing for summer soundtracks.

I have to admit, this song hasn't grabbed my attention in the way that "Distant Past" did but I am hoping that in the context of the full record, it should sound better. As always, I'm loving the bass section on this and those signature falsetto pipes. Everything Everything will never be boring.
 


This definitely isn't close to being every new track I've heard since I last blogged but these are just a few of the most recent and the biggest stand outs. I'm looking forward to loads of awesome new records and EPs and even more brilliant tracks.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment