New Discoveries: Ill Spector

Diamond Youth (f.k.a. Diamond) - the first new discovery that I wrote about 5 years ago here, came by recommendation on Hayley William's tumblr. Since that sweet discovery, I've not overlooked a new band or artist with Hayley's stamp of approval and she hasn't missed yet! Earlier this week Hayley tweeted about from a new band from Franklin, Tennessee - Ill Spector. All I'll say now is, download their debut EP on Spotify and let your eardrums enjoy the next 16 minutes.



A fresh, new band with a heap of potential. This EP although only 5 songs strong; takes the listener through different levels, emotions, and sounds, and leaves you wanting to hear more - all the things good music should do. My favourite track at the moment would have to be "My Only Friend". It reminds me a little of old school Alt-J in places and even has a hint of riffs similar to The Edmund Fitzgerald. A refreshing, guitar laden, indie sound layered with sombre lyricism. I'm really looking forward to seeing where these guys go with their material from here. Although, I don't doubt that whatever they do end up bringing out after this will keep the reputation of Franklin's music scene strong.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment