MOST MEMORABLE EPs 2017

It's pretty easy unfortunately for EPs to get overshadowed in all of these end of year 'albums of the year' lists. However, a lot of my favourite tracks or new discoveries from this year have come from EPs. I won't be able to mention all of my favourites but here's a look into some of the most memorable ones...

ARDYN - Bloom
Every time Ardyn make an EP it will be on this list (like last year) and I just hope that whenever they decide to drop a debut album, it'll be on my albums of the year list that year. I need to see them live in 2018 and after listening to this EP, you're probably going to want to too.



HOMEBOUND - The Mould You Build Around Yourself
YES! One of my favourite new discoveries this year - something that many other people will be saying over the coming months whilst they keep releasing new music. Homebound have immense potential and watching them at Slam Dunk Festival this year just reinforced this for me. 



KWAYE - Solar 
When KWAYE came out with "Cool Kids", I was definitely impressed and mostly with the uniqueness of his voice. However, when "Little Ones" came out, I couldn't stop raving about him. I played this song a lot over the summer months and I'm sure I'll be playing it for many summers to come.



MAYPINE - In The Back Of My Mind
A killer debut EP that's had the band touring all over the country, all year; had them featured in Kerrang!, Rocksound, and more, and will serve them in really good stead moving into 2018. The fast growing potential of MAYPINE has continued to impress me this year and I have no doubts that whatever's next is going to continue to impress.



BUDDY & KAYTRANADA - Ocean & Montana
As soon as I saw that collaboration I knew the fire that this would bring. Kaytranada's album last year 99.9% is a gem and Buddy's name has been buzzing around all year. When there's a Kaytranada touch on a beat it's easy to spot and always enjoyable and that rings true across this whole EP. Matched with Buddy's mellow flow and catchy hooks, this album served me well this summer.



CONNIE CONSTANCE - Boring Connie
Spotify recomended this EP to me on a compilation playlist - actually they recommended the track "Let Go" to me to be specific. I only listened to it for the first time less than a month ago, but since then I've barely gone a day without listening to this song. I've had my eye on Connie's work for a while but this has finally locked down my attention.



BALANCE & COMPOSURE - Slow Heart
Well I said last year that most of my favourite rock albums come from Pure Noise Records but the rest of my favourites usually come from No Sleep, and this includes almost everything that Balance & Compsure release. Easily one of my favourite bands at the moment and up there with my most listened to pieces of music this year.



EMELI SANDE - Kingdom Coming
One of the most pleasant surprises of this year. I had no idea that Emeli Sande was planning on releasing anything more this year after her fantastic 2016 album Long Live The Angels and so when I saw this whilst browsing through Spotify I really overdid it.



If you want to check out the full list click here for the entire Spotify playlist.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment