New Discoveries: Thousand Autumns

I suppose this isn't so much a "new" discovery as a RE-discovery. I found out about Thousand Autumns mid-2012 and as soon as I heard about them I had to buy their EP "Chasing Boats". I totally rinsed this EP once I got it, definitely was a huge part of my summer 2012 playlist. Reigning from a place very near to me - Hertfordshire, they have quite a few gigs in the area yet I still haven't had the chance to see them live yet! (on my 2013 to-do list). If you live anywhere in the area, like their page to hear about different gigs and I guess I'll see you there! :)

Thousand Autumns EP, is actually really really good - very listenable and extremely catchy. The two songs that stuck in my head the most are definitely "White Compass" and "For You". These two songs just stay with you. In fact the only reason that I actually remembered that I had to do a post on them is because one line from "White Compass" ("the same way as yesterday") was so so stuck in my head that I just had to do something about it. Here, just have a listen for yourself...

 

I would definitely recommend checking this band out if you haven't already, they're are definitely something to keep an eye out for. Not to sound completely cringey they are "rising stars". Can't wait to hear what they bring out next! :)

PS: If you like their stuff, by all means, buy their EP.. less than £5 for top quality music - can't go wrong!

For those who like: Young Guns
                                   Asking Alexandria
                                   While She Sleeps

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment