Headliner Heaven

Ok so, the phrase "2013 IS A FANTASTIC YEAR FOR MUSIC!" seems to be swiftly becoming my mantra for the year. And again it comes to mind when I look at the line-ups for many of this summer's festivals. I'm sure that any of you reading this will have already seen at least one festival line-up this year and I can only hope that you're as stoked for summer as I am!

If I had the funds and the time I would most certainly be looking into going to over 10 festivals this summer. However, life isn't that kind and so I'm currently looking to just get tickets to both Glastonbury and Reading Festival. Now, headlining Glastonbury we have Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones and Mumford & Sons. And headlining Reading Festival we have Green Day, Eminem and Biffy Clyro. Safe to say two of the biggest festivals happening over the summer are in good hands.

In honour of these announcements, I thought it fitting to post a few of my favourite tracks by these headlining artists. So here goes,

ARCTIC MONKEYS - BRIANSTORM
From my favourite album of theirs "Favourite Worst Nightmare" comes this banger of a track. It's impossible to listen to this track and not be dancing, foot tapping, bopping your head or all of the above, within just 30 seconds of listening. Definitely looking forward to catching these guys this summer...


THE ROLLING STONES - MONEY
True rock music veterans, these legends have been heroes to many of the artists that we call our heroes today and they're still ready to hop on stage and show us how it's done. Absolute legends, and this song is a personal favourite of mine...

 

MUMFORD & SONS - LOVER OF THE LIGHT
I was really torn when I chose this song to post because in my eyes "Babel", although a brilliant album, can't hold much of a candle to "Sigh No More". However, I posted a bunch of my favourite Mumford tracks a while ago in an appreciation entry and so opted for this beauty today. Such an enjoyable song; always makes me smile just shouting "a lover of the light!" in my best countryside/farmer sounding voice haha...

 

GREEN DAY - BASKET CASE
Such a huge list that I had to choose from but it had to come to this. Not sure if I could call this my favourite song per se, but this is definitely up there! An absolute classic from one of (in my opinion) Green Day's best albums "Dookie". Ridiculously stoked to see Green Day live this summer - real punk rockers...
 
 

EMINEM - THE REAL SLIM SHADY 
One of Rap/Hip-Hop's biggest legends! Eminem has been making hits for decades (literally) and now he's taking the stage, headlining the huge Reading Festival, and not for the first time! This track is definitely one of my all time favourites of his and I look forward to hearing him tear it up live. If you somehow haven't of him, I'll let him introduce himself...

 

BIFFY CLYRO - THAT GOLDEN RULE
Scotland's biggest rockers. This Scottish trio has managed to dominate both the mainstream and rock world for over 10 years and are still awesome enough to come out with a two-disc full length record and have it go Gold in just a couple of months. TALENT. Anyways, I chose this song purely because of the killer breakdown at the end so, enjoy!


Ok, that's all for now but hopefully this has encouraged you to get yourself down to at least ONE festival this year! The line-ups all look insane! And for those of you thinking of going to Reading or Glasto... see you in the mosh-pits.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment