VIDEO PREMIERE: The Phoenix

Well, I suppose Fall Out Boy are well and truly back! Earlier today, they revealed the prequel to their initial album hit - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. I later found out that this new song is the opening track to their new album "Save Rock And Roll" (out April 16th). Before I spew on about my feelings for the track and the video, click the link below to have a watch:




Well, well, well... where to begin? Ok, in regards to the video first - it is actually ridiculously entertaining. I really enjoyed this motion picture kind of thing that Fall Out Boy are trying to give us. As is expected though, there are a few cheesy or silly scenes as the boys try and act all action hero-y. For example, Pat Stump walking around the suburbs with a very conspicuous briefcase handcuffed to his wrist does kind of warrant a kidnapping haha. Regardless; an interesting video and it really links well with MSKWYDITD to create a whole story board. The boys took to Facebook to let us know that their third single would be dropping soon to complete the entire story - so keep your eyes peeled.

As far as the song goes, initially I was neither here nor there really but as I've listened to the track a couple more times during the day, the catchier and more enjoyable it gets. Upon first listen, the line "I'm gonna change you like a remix, then I'll raise you like a phoenix" did make me cringe, but I've caught myself singing or humming that very line at various points today so it's safe to say, this song's a grower. I definitely look forward to getting my hands on this album when it drops next month.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment