Record Store Day 2013

RSD13 is upon us! But sadly I couldn't make it to my nearest record store today :( So instead of talking you through the artists I saw and the things that I purchased, I'm going tell you about who I would have seen and what I would have bought...

First things first, my nearest record store would be Rough Trade East so I would've gotten there pretty early at around 9am as Frank Turner was set to perform at about 11am. Frank Turner is a folk rock singer/songwriter from London. He has a very nice voice, and I know that even with the huge crowds of people and everyone milling about trying to find the vinyls they want, he'd be able to capture their attention and keep a chilled atmosphere. Here, listen to one of his singles...


His latest record "Tape Deck Heart" is actually set to be released on the 22nd of April. So, in honour of RSD here's the link to pre-order this album on vinyl.

The other act I was most interested in and excited to see was The Strypes. Now these kids are only between 15 and 17 years old and they're already taking over. They have so much energy and enthusiasm and judging by the few live videos of theirs that I've seen, they'd be quite something to see. But alas, might have to just wait and catch them at some point in the summer. Their debut album is set to be released on the 16th of September but it is available for pre-order here. This is the first song I heard of theirs...


Now, for the main part of record store day, the records!! Here are a few album sleeves of the vinyls that I was most interested in buying...

Best Coast - Fear Of My Identity
Dog Is Dead - Do The Right Thing/Teenage Daughter















Foals - My Number/Bluebird
Echo & The Bunnymen - Crocodiles

Placebo - B3 EP
Django Django - Hi Djinx




Peace - California Daze
Jimi Hendrix - Somewhere/Foxy Lady (Live)















Tame Impala - Tame Impala EP
Pulp - After You (Soulwax Remix)














Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Gil Scott-Heron - The Bottle












Primal Scream - Record Store Day
The XX - Jamie XX Edits














James Blake - Retrograde/Overgrown
History Of Apple Pie/Younghusband - Split














The Velvet Underground - Scepter Studio Sessions
The Flaming Lips - Zaireeka













Chvrches - Recover EP
Caribou - Up In Flames













Dio - Holy Diver
While She Sleeps - Death Toll













Soundgarden - King Animal Demos
Biffy Clyro - Modern Magic Formula/City Of Dreadful Night



















And so that explains one of the main reasons why I couldn't make it today - nowhere near enough money to buy even two of these vinyls, but man what a collection! Next year without a doubt I will make it down to my nearest record store and spend a few pounds/dollars/pesos/yen (whatever!) to support some of my favourite artists. Those of you that managed to participate today, well done, and if you purchased any of the vinyls on my list, you are a lucky lucky human being. :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment