VIDEO PREMIERE: Young Volcanoes

Earlier today Fall Out Boy released the final installment in their trilogy of videos (My Songs Know.. and The Phoenix). Quite a strange video but here take a look...


I wasn't really expecting anything when I watched this video initially and I actually get much from it anyway. At this point in the trilogy I'm a tiny bit confused as to why these ladies have kidnapped FOB as initially I thought it was so that they could take the money handcuffed to Pat's hand in The Phoenix. However, in this video we see the boys being tied to chairs and having drips stuck in their hands whilst blindfolded. Then the ladies proceed to feed the boys what seems to be human internal organs (probably Patrick's), and then they all smoke shisha and start laughing. All in all it's quite an obscure and confusing video.

The song also did not win it very many points in my opinion. It's not necessarily a bad song, it's just not memorable or entertaining. I'm sure it is sound and has all the things a standard song should, it just didn't stand out enough for me. MSKWYDID and The Phoenix definitely trump this song in my opinion.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment