Favourite Albums From The Past 30 Days...

There have been quite a few new releases this month, some disappointing and some quite surprising. Here are my favourites from last month...





DAUGHTER - If You Leave
(7/10) Such a quality album. I admit you do have to be in the mood for it as it's really chilled and sometimes a little depressing. However, musically it's a top notch album. Tracks to download: Winter and Still.







YEAH YEAH YEAHS - Mosquito
(7/10) Good album - close to what I'd hoped it would be but not quite there I feel. Nonetheless, I did really enjoy this album and would suggest giving it a listen. There are definitely a few gems on there. Tracks to download: Sacrilege and Slave.








PARAMORE - Paramore
(8/10) I definitely underestimated this album, mostly because I didn't want to hype it up and then be disappointed. However, this album is a grower and after my third listen I was hooked. Paramore is still most definitely a band. Tracks to download: Last Hope and Part II.






PEACE - In Love
(8/10) Well I'm in love with this record. There have been a lot of ridiculously high quality debut albums around this year (Daughter's album being amongst them). Peace have surpassed my expectations - despite a couple of "filler" tracks on the album, this is definitely not one to overlook. Tracks to download: Drain and Follow Baby.






RUDIMENTAL - Home
(7.5/10) Speaking of high quality debuts, Rudimental dropped this record just a couple of days ago and I've already listened through it twice today. This album is actually good for almost any mood and features a plethora of awesome vocalists. Well played Rudimental. Tracks to download: Right Here (feat. Foxes) and Free (feat. Emeli Sande).





WAVVES - Afraid Of Heights
(8/10) Phenomenal album from start to finish. This definitely (in my opinion) tops their last album "King Of The Beach". Can't wait to belt out these surf rock anthems when summer eventually comes around. Tracks to download: Lounge Forward and Afraid Of Heights.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment