JULY, JULY!

Ok I've been a bit AWOL for the past few days but with good reason - I've been at Glastonbury!! It was RIDICULOUSLY IMMENSE but there'll be more to come about the weekend over the next couple of days. There'll also be more to come about all the things I've missed in the music world whilst I was away. But for now, here are the albums you should be keeping an eye out for this July...




EDITORS - THE WEIGHT OF YOUR LOVE
Birmingham bred Indie Rock band, Editors are back with their fourth studio album. I'm looking forward to this album - if it's anywhere near as good as "An End Has A Start", it'll be something to get your hands on. The single "A Ton Of Love" from the album is pretty good so definitely keep an eye out for it on shelves as it was released yesterday.





JAY-Z - MAGNA CARTA HOLY GRAIL
This was actually a pretty unexpected album. I hadn't heard anything about it until just a few weeks ago, not even many rumours that Jay-Z was even working on a new album. Nonetheless, I am pretty excited I can't lie. As much as I try not to, I'm sure that I'll be comparing it to Mr Carter's long time friend Kanye's album - Yeezus - released just a couple of weeks ago. This album drops on the 4th of July.




CIARA - CIARA
Well, well, well... the long awaited return. I haven't heard anything from Ciara in about 5 years since this year and she's finally back with new music and a whole new album, looking gorgeous as ever. All I hope is that this time away has meant that she's been able to produce music that's as gorgeous as she is. Keep your eyes open on the 5th of July.






CHRIS BROWN - X
Another interesting release in July. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this album. I'm not very excited or anything, although I do love his single "Fine China" from the record but I really have no idea how I'm going to feel about this album when I finally give it a listen. I guess I'll just have to wait until the 16th of July and make my decision then.






SELENA GOMEZ - STARS DANCE
I always find it a little strange when Disney stars release their own music in the pop mainstream. It often comes out sounding like the kind of songs that would be featured in a Disney Channel Original Movie score  (here's looking at you Bridgit Mendler) but sometimes you do actually get successful musicians like Demi Lovato. So let's see what side of the spectrum Selena Gomez falls closest to. The record comes out on the 19th of July.





AMELIA LILY - BE A FIGHTER
The fourth place X Factor contestant from last year (or maybe the year before) is finally set to release her debut album. Whilst on the show I absolutely loved her voice and I was actually rooting for her for quite a while, however when she actually released her single "You Bring Me Joy" last year I was a little disappointed. Hopefully I won't feel the same way when her album comes out on the 27th of July.





SWIM DEEP - WHERE THE HEAVEN ARE WE
A friend of mine introduced me to Swim Deep earlier this year and showed me their single "Honey" (quality song). If this song is anything to go by, then this record (their debut) should be awesome and a definite record to watch. I'd really recommend getting your hands on it on the 29th of July - you're not likely to be disappointed.





ASHANTI - BRAVEHEART
More unexpected comeback albums this month. Last time I heard from Ashanti she was shaking her pom poms in teen rom-com John Tucker Must Die and had seemingly left the music industry behind in order to pursue a career in acting. However, it would seem that she's back and her record is set to come out on the 30th of July.





So it'd seem that July is set to be a big month in the Pop, R&B and Hip-Hop industries so let's just hope that some of these records if not all of them are able to bring something good to the table. Who knows what August will have in store for us?!....

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment