Albums Out This Week...

If you haven't already realised, artists and bands seem to like to release their records on Mondays. I'm not entirely sure why Monday seems to be the only acceptable day but either way, I'll give you the jump on things so you're prepared for tomorrow...



THESE NEW PURITANS - EXPANDED
When I saw that they were releasing a new album I was a little surprised because I remember listening to their latest album Field Of Reeds just last year. Then I found out that it is actually a live album recorded at The Barbican. Nonetheless, it should be a good listen and an easy listen at that. Get your hands on that on the 20th of October.






BEN HOWARD - I FORGOT WHERE WE WERE
To say I've missed this man's music would be an understatement. Ben Howard is a magical musician. I'm actually super excited to hear this record too. His more recent songs have been sounding a little more on the ambient side of folk (quite like Junip) than I remember, but I know that he won't disappoint. Another one for you to pick up on the 20th of October.





 

SLIPKNOT - .5: THE GRAY CHAPTER
Probably a slightly less easy listen than These New Puritans for most but definitely the album I'm looking forward to the most this week. Every single that I've heard from this so far has been awesome. I'm so glad that I got back into Slipknot before they put out this corker. In honour of their bassist who passed in 2010, I think they've definitely done him proud. Have a listen on the 21st of October.






Have a look at what albums you might have missed out on last week here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment