Happy Friendship Day

Well, apparently today is "Friendship Day" so I thought that I'd take you through some of my favourite collaborations/team-ups over the past few years...

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE/TIMBALAND
Generally when these two collaborate they just strike musical gold always but this song in particular was just flawless. I would still happily rinse this song today and I'm sure that it's extremely high up on my "Most Played" list of songs...

Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned (prod. Timbaland)



B.O.B/HAYLEY WILLIAMS
This song charted for such a ridiculously long time and rightfully so! It was a brilliant song, and despite it being madly overplayed, I'm sure that it'll be a song that's remembered for a long time rather than a "one-hit wonder". B.o.B made the right choice in featuring Hayley on the track...

B.o.B - Airplanes (feat. Hayley Williams)



QOTSA/ALEX TURNER
Not many people are aware of this collaboration but it did happen and it was great. On the recent QOTSA record '...Like Clockwork' Turner provides the backing vocals for one of my favourite tracks from the album. They're so subtle but there's no mistaking Alex's smooth vocals...


QOTSA - If I Had A Tail



DAFT PUNK/PHARRELL
One of the biggest songs of the year. I can't lie, at first I didn't like the song all that much but it has definitely grown on me and has turned out to be what I'm sure was many people's summer anthem. Daft Punk were smart in having Pharrell on this track, brilliant...


Daft Punk - Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell)



BEYONCE/JAY-Z
Probably the best and most successful musical partnership of the 21st Century. Beyoncé and Jay-Z have founded the empire known as Roc Nation and are miles ahead when it comes to making music in the R&B/Hip-Hop world. This song will forever be timeless and just flawless... 

Beyoncé - Crazy In Love (feat. Jay-Z)


JANELLE MONAE/ERYKAH BADU
I actually wrote about this collaboration earlier this year. I'd been waiting for a while for these two women to join forces and of course when they did, it resulted in greatness. This song is empowering and at the same time just down right funky...


Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N. (feat. Erykah Badu)



SET YOUR GOALS/HAYLEY WILLIAMS
Pop Punk anthem! This song is just ferocious and the addition of Hayley's vocals (she is just a fantastic feature artist) makes it an all-round really fun song to sing and head bang to haha. This was a great team up, more of this please Set Your Goals...

Set Your Goals - The Few That Remain (feat. Hayley Williams)



JAY-Z/KANYE WEST
Of course, one of the hugest collaborative efforts of the past couple of years "The Throne". When two of the biggest forces in the Hip-Hop world join forces to make music, you just know that something spectacular will come of it, and funnily enough, it did...

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Paris



MACKLEMORE/RYAN LEWIS
Another huge summer tune! I'm not actually sure which of the two to choose from "Thrift Shop" put them both on the map with Macklemore's astounding flow and wit and Ryan Lewis' funky vocals but I think that I'll choose the more recent song of theirs...


Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us



QOTSA/DAVE GROHL
Queens Of The Stone Age are very smart about who they collaborate with and anyone who's smart will know that they should have Dave Grohl involved in their music in some way. Knowing this, they went forward and gave us this bad boy...

QOTSA - No One Knows



That's just a few of my favourites but I'm sure there are plenty more fantastic musical collaborations that I've missed off the list. I suppose this all just goes to show that it's important to have friends in the music business.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment