New Discoveries: Spring Offensive

I'm not actually entirely sure of how I found out about this band - my guesses are that I was on some sort of social media website. Nonetheless, it doesn't matter how I found them, what matters is what I found...

Spring Offensive - A Stutter And A Start

 
One of the most creative and well thought out videos I've seen in a while. This video just told me that the band actually care enough to take time and put effort into their videos which is not too often seen nowadays, and I like that. And so, I decided to do a little research...

When I first listened to this track, about halfway through I thought "This guitar riff in the background is a little Trophy Wife/Foals-esque" so I did some nosing around, and lo and behold, these guys are from Oxford (just like the bands Trophy Wife and Foals). Maybe this is just the sound that typically comes from Oxford, I don't know; but whatever Oxford is putting in their water, it's giving us good music. 

As far as I know, they are yet to release a full length record. However, they have released a few singles which you can listen to on their soundcloud here. They are also looking to release a new EP anytime soon so I'd suggest keeping an eye on their Facebook page for updates about that. I am definitely interested to hear what the band has to offer up next - I just hope that they don't split up after releasing an album like Trophy Wife did.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment