Underrated/Overrated (Part Six)

The next part in this ongoing "Underrated/Overrated" series. If you missed the last part talking about Woodkid and The Lumineers, feel free to have a read of that here. Now, here are this part's underrated and overrated albums...

UNDERRATED ALBUM

MALLORY KNOX - Signals
Released at the beginning of this year, I remember hearing the song "Wake Up" from it and immediately thinking that this must be the band's third or fourth record because they sounded so polished and experienced - I was so shocked to find out that it was their debut. I even wrote about them as a "New Discovery" and aside from a few friends of mine talking about them, I never heard many people hyping about how good this album was! Every single song on this record is quality. Of course there were some that I liked more than others but overall this album is an 8/10 record, at least. Some of my favourites are "Misdemeanour", "Hello", "Creeper", "Beggars" and "Death Rattle"...



OVERRATED ALBUM

FALL OUT BOY - Save Rock And Roll
For once I'm going to talk about an album that I myself actually overrated. I really was ridiculously excited for this album to come out. I had the highest hopes for what was to be Fall Out Boy's "comeback album". When I heard the first single "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark", I was still excited, if not more excited - I loved this single. Then "The Phoenix" came out and I was a little less excited, but excited nonetheless. Then the actual album came out... Not one song on that album even came close to being as good as those first two singles (which weren't that amazing in the first place). I was not impressed at all. Maybe "Where Did The Party Go" or even "The Mighty Fall" were okay but other than that, calling it a 5/10 album would be pretty apt.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment