NEW YEAR, NEW LPs

Well we have officially made it safely into 2014 with a year of absolutely fantastic music behind us. Judging by the huge milestones we've hit this past year musically, I'm extremely excited to find out what new stuff we'll get our hands on this year. Here's just a few of the things to keep an eye out for in January...



DECADE - GOOD LUCK
I feel like I've been waiting for this album for ages. Since seeing them at the Broco @ Koko gig last April I have been keeping an ear out for them and we're only just hearing an album! Either way, good things come to those who wait so on the 13th of January I can decide if that's true or not.






CANTERBURY - DARK DAYS
Another band that I got into and then didn't hear much from. I first heard about Canterbury quite a while ago and have only recently heard their single "Satellite". However, if that single's anything to go by, I shouldn't be disappointed on the 13th of January.







SWITCHFOOT - FADING WEST
Well if any band is a culprit for making their fans wait, Switchfoot definitely take the cake. Since their 2011 release Vice Verses and short tour, there has barely been a whisper from the band. I'd heard about this new album under the radar that was set to come out last May. Well, the 14th of January is the current release date but we'll see how that pans out.




VERSA - NEON
I'm pretty nervous about this record to come out if I'm honest. I did really like their album Fixed At Zero as VersaEmerge. However, now that they are starting as a new band under the name VERSA this album could potentially sound like anything. Here's a taste of what to expect on the 14th of January.





WARPAINT - WARPAINT
Since being introduced to them about a year ago I've always been intrigued by these ladies. For such a unique band I'd not heard much hype surrounding them. I'm excited to hear some new material from them on the 20th of January and hopefully to see them play it live later this year.



 

MOGWAI - RAVE TAPES
There's something about Mogwai. Not entirely sure what it is but just something about them and their music keeps me interested. I really like the way they do things - the box set they've made available for this record looks incredible. Pick up one of these bad boys on the 20th of January.







YOUNG THE GIANT - MIND OVER MATTER
Another band that I was introduced to about a year ago. I didn't really look into them much and my interest wasn't too sparked but I definitely knew of them. It wasn't until the video for "It's About Time" dropped that they caught my attention. If the album sounds anything like this then roll on the 21st of January!





SAINT RAYMOND - YOUNG BLOOD EP
Perhaps my most infectious new discovery of last year - Saint Raymond is killing it right now. After just one EP and all in one year, he's been on 5 tours, played numerous festivals, signed a deal and is now about to release this gem. The most hard working 18 year old boy I've ever come across! Pick up the new EP on the 21st of January.






Aside from the few records that I've just spoken about, here are a few that you can actually also get your hands on this month... You Me At Six - Cavalier Youth, September Girls - Cursing The Sea, East India Youth - Total Strife Forever, Patterns - Waking Lines, Ed Harcourt - Time Of Dust, Dog Bite - Tranquillizers, Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes, Neck Deep - Wishful Thinking, Cymbals - The Age Of Fracture, Dum Dum Girls - Too True, Drowners - Drowners and Big Ups - 18 Hours Of Static.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment