Music News...

Now that we've just entered the month of June, I thought that it would be appropriate to catch up on all of the music news that we may have missed in the past few days leading up to this month...

DIAMOND YOUTH RELEASE NEW EP "UK OK"
Diamond Youth, whom I wrote about as a new discovery here almost two years ago, have been wanting to cross the pond and come over to the UK for a long time now. It would seem that they finally have the chance as they are set to support Citizen on tour here in the coming months. However, they have to buy their own tickets. So they've released this EP available for a short amount of time to try and raise money towards it. Help them out and buy it for $4 here.


FOO FIGHTERS ANNOUNCE HBO SERIES "SONIC HIGHWAYS"
It's no secret that Foo Fighters are releasing their eight album this year (in November) but now we find out that they're also releasing a HBO documentary series detailing the recording process - as they recorded a song in eight different cities across America. This has never before been done as far as I know, and to have it done by one of my favourite bands ever makes me even more excited for it. Watch the trailer here.


CARIBOU NEW SINGLE "CAN'T DO WITHOUT YOU"
In fairness, I haven't heard much from Caribou since their album - Swim - and so it is very refreshing to hear this new track from them, and just in time for summer too! It's got such a nice light hearted vibe. I'm really looking forward to the new record Our Love out on the 6th of October. Until that release date, here's the latest track.


MALLORY KNOX NEW SINGLE "QODII"
I'd been hearing about Mallory Knox working on their sophomore album a little bit this year but I had no idea that they were already ready to release new singles from it, and ones as good as this at that! I was a little bit unsure about it at first but after a couple of listens, I definitely like it - am looking forward to listening to the entire album soon. Check out the single here.


WAYWARD DAUGHTER NEW MERCH LAUNCH
All you Wayward fans are definitely going to want to get your hands on the new Wayward Daughter merch. It's all pretty minimalist but stylish at the same time. I'm personally most excited about the custom plectrums, however the new "My Bones Are Like Feathers" tee is very nice too. Give it all a look, and maybe even make a purchase here.


DARLIA NEW MUSIC VIDEO "DEAR DIARY"
Since Darlia's last single "Candyman", I've been really excited to hear new stuff from them, and now I have both a song and a video to sample?! Yes. I absolutely love this song and I'm expecting exciting things from their debut album, they're a very interesting new band right now. Hopefully I'll catch them at a festival this summer but until then, here's their new video.


BIPOLAR SUNSHINE NEW VIDEO "DECKCHAIRS ON THE MOON"
After seeing Bipolar Sunshine live a couple of months ago here, I've been keeping an eye on his movements and he actually released this single a few weeks ago but he's finally put out a video for it, and thank goodness he did - it is definitely a worthy single. Such a nice summer chill vibe. This will definitely be getting a lot of play time these next few months. Treat your eardrums and eyeballs here.


FALL OUT BOY WRITING NEW MUSIC
After their last, and very disappointing, album Save Rock And Roll, I'm not entirely sure that this is a good thing. However, seeing as the last few Fall Out Boy albums were so great I feel like there is still hope for an awesome new album - I suppose we'll have to wait and see just what this new writing will bring.


CIRCA WAVES NEW SINGLE "YOUNG CHASERS"
After chatting with the boys (here) during their NME Awards Tour, I've been waiting for news about them, and here they are with their latest single. As expected it's an indie rock festival anthem - it will definitely be a hit for them at their upcoming Glastonbury appearance. Circa Waves are really trailblazing right now, I expect big things from them over the next year. Have a listen to the new one here.


LIMP BIZKIT NEW SINGLE "ENDLESS SLAUGHTER"
Limp Bizkit announced the release of a new single this week and actually stated that they'd be releasing it on cassette. After their single release around this time last year, featuring Lil' Wayne (here), who knows what this new track will sound like?! I suppose I'll have to dig out my old walkman and have a listen.


INTERPOL ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM "EL PINTOR" 
Another band that I've been keeping an ear out for since the NME Awards Tour here and how could I not?! They absolutely smashed their set that night and since doing my research on their back catalogue, I would can now call myself a fan. I'm looking forward to hearing Interpol's new record in the near future.


Find out what you might have missed last month in the music world here...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment