NEW NOISE

There have been so many new video/single releases over the past few days (as you can see from the last few posts) so I thought it'd be easy to rave about them all in just one post...

HORSE THIEF - Little Dust
I wrote about Horse Thief a while ago as a new discovery here and clearly with good reason. This is a great song and an entertaining video and despite their upcoming appearance at End Of The Road Festival this year, I'm really surprised they don't get more recognition. Help them out and tell others about this single from their new record Fear In Bliss.

 


KAREN O - Rapt
Yeah Yeah Yeahs' frontwoman is set to release a solo debut - Crush Songs - on the 8th of September. This is her latest single from the upcoming body of work and although I believe that it would be a brilliant song for a movie soundtrack, I am pretty bored by it. I really can't feel any of the fire that I know Karen O is extremely capable of producing. 

 


BROODS - Mother & Father
Been sparking a lot of talk recently and I've been hearing her name quite a bit and so when I saw this new video/song pop p a few days ago I thought I'd give it a listen. Straight away the thumping drums had my attention. Lost me a little bit with the CHRVCHES-esque synths but she brought it all back in the end. 

 


VENTURA LIGHTS - Find Rest
After releasing their debut record together last year they've been slowly releasing the singles from it and this one is very different from the last few. Quite a slow song for them, interesting that it's mainly piano dominated too, but I like change and this is a good one.

 


WOLF ALICE - We're Not The Same
I love this band. This single came out on their Creature Songs EP and they've now released a VHS recorded live session at Toe Rag Studios. Wolf Alice are the masters of killer climaxes and this single is no different. Starting off slowly before an eruption at the end. I cannot wait for their debut record...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment