VIDEO PREMIERE: Electric Lady

This was a complete shock to me, but definitely not an unwelcome one.I didn't actually think that there was going to be another video/single release from the album. Well no further ado, the title track from her sophomore album...

JANELLE MONAE - Electric Lady



There are a few things about this video that actually threw me at first but overall by the end I was smiling, laughing and most importantly dancing, so it certainly achieved its main goal. However, the product placement in the beginning made me cringe a little bit. Also, the omission of Solange from the video on the song that she featured on was confusing. Actually it was a little bit upsetting because it was already hard enough to figure out which parts of the song were sung by Solange and I was counting on this video to highlight that. Either way, other electric ladies like Esperanza Spalding, Estelle, Kimbra and Janelle Monáe's mother herself were featured in the video, making up for it and making it an all round enjoyable experience. Upon second viewing, I had zero qualms and am 100% ready to become part of the Electro Phi Beta's - Miss. Janelle does it again!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment