AUGUST ALBUMS

It's exciting to be less than a month away from prime record release month! I don't know why but so many artists seem to want to release their records in September, and most of the best ones come out then because of it. However, let's see what's in store for us this month leading up to that...



CHILDHOOD - LACUNA
If I'm honest, I didn't actually think too much of Childhood before seeing them live and since seeing them live I still have trouble remembering what their individual songs sound like. However, they put on a good show live and I just hope that this debut record is able to stick with me more when it comes out on the 11th of August.






FKA TWIGS - LP1
If you haven't at least heard this name uttered; I'm not too sure where you've been, but here it is! The highly anticipated debut album from the beautiful FKA Twigs. I really, really hope that it lives up to the hype because if it does, this could easily be featuring in my top 7 albums of the year in December. I suppose we'll just see on the 11th of August.






THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM - GET HURT
I never actually made it the whole way through their album - Handwritten but I heard some amazing things about it and still have friends who support them 100%. So I think it's time for me to finish up Handwritten and prepare myself for Get Hurt on the 12 of August.






WIZ KHALIFA - BLACC HOLLYWOOD 
Putting out a new record may be a bit of a task now that Wiz Khalifa is a "wanted man" but to be honest, the law has never really stopped him doing what he wants before. This is set to be a huge album - plenty of party tunes in the pipeline. Fingers crossed it actually makes it to shelves on the 18th of August.






THE WYTCHES - ANNABEL DREAM READER 
The boys from Brighton are finally set to grace us with their debut album on the 25th of August. This is one that I'm sure will be good. I haven't felt this excited about a grunge record since Drenge's album last year! Let's see what this trio can bring to the table.






BASEMENT JAXX - JUNTO

YES! I haven't heard anything new from Basement Jaxx since The Singles in 2005. I just hope that they've maintained their catchy awesomeness for this new album out on the 25th of August. Junto actually means "together" in Spanish, let's hope that the album is just that!






ROYAL BLOOD - ROYAL BLOOD
Another new album that I am BUZZING for! More brilliance coming from the Brighton region. These guys are set to bring out an absolute whopper of a debut. I've already heard 4 or 5 songs from it but I think hearing them as part of a full record will make them sound new. Roll on the 25th of August really.






DRY THE RIVER - ALARMS IN THE HEART
Been hearing this band's name quite a bit recently  and I went and had a listen to their song "Gethsemane" a couple of weeks ago after hearing it on the radio. For some reason it didn't sound as good as it had on the radio. I'm just hoping that on the 25th of August the album doesn't have that problem.






ARIANA GRANDE - MY EVERYTHING
It's been pretty impossible to escape from Ariana Grande's latest track "Problem" and it's definitely a catchy track. I really liked her vocal performances on the Nickelodeon show Victorious but it's nice to hear her exhibiting her vocals in the mainstream. Let's see if another child star can make it from TV to radio on the 25th of August.






Have a look at the albums that came out last month here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment