THE BAND WAGON

It's been a good few days for new music! I can't seem to update my iPod fast enough, but here are a few tracks that you might find yourself playing over the next few days.


GARDEN HEART - Cure
I watched a live session of this a while ago here and it's awesome seeing this realised in video format. Very nice touch with the explosive powder paint to match the breakdown at the end. So excited for the September release. These guys have something special.




THE HISTORY OF APPLE PIE - Tame
I haven't heard much from this band since early last year with their record Out Of View and because that album didn't really do much for me I wasn't really listening out too much but I'm glad that I caught this track.



CHARLOTTE OC - Strange
After seeing her live for a second time last week (review coming very soon) I just like her even more and I am so so so excited for her debut album! This is one of my favourite of her live songs and I'm just glad that she's chosen to release it as her next single.



ALT-J - Every Other Freckle
Alt-J have been knocking it out of the park with their last few single releases - so much so that they've just announced their biggest headline show to date on the 24th of January at The O2 Arena showcasing their upcoming record This Is All Yours. Hearing this track played to 20,000 people will definitely be something to remember...

 


JESSIE WARE - Say You Love Me
It took me a realllllly long time to get into Jessie Ware's debut album and to be honest there's still only 4 or 5 tracks on there that I can properly listen to. Therefore, the announcement of her follow up record didn't excite me too much but after this song, it might be something that I get into a little quicker.
 


LOWER THAN ATLANTIS - English Kids In America
This was a little disappointing if I'm honest. It's not a terrible song, it's just a little 'blah'. I wanted this to have more levels to it and stay in my head like "Here We Go" did, but I feel this will be the song that I skip when I listen to the album. Very commercial song, and the video is pretty One Direction-esque too. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment