New Discoveries: Hawk House

My brother came to me raving about this new band and the first thing I asked was "What do they sound like?" and when he answered "the modern day Fugees". I knew immediately that I had to give them a listen. This trio is just what I need in my life right now. After listening through some of their tracks on soundcloud, I've decided that they are definitely going to catch a lot of people's attention.

For a while I've been feeling like Hip-Hop and R&B in particular have really gone downhill in a lot of ways. Don't get me wrong there are still a few that portray what I feel the those genres are about but it's nice to have some new artists around that I feel really appreciate and pay homage to old school Hip-Hop.

HAWK HOUSE - Chill Pill (Experiment 2)

 

This track reminded me of A Tribe Called Quest/Q-Tip in a few ways. Such a nice vibe. I've never really thought of this as a reason to like an act but I genuinely like the fact that they're British. It's refreshing to hear British Hip-Hop sound like this. Their 10 track EP A Handshake To The Brain is fabulous. As well as being a wealth of music for an EP, it's also very listenable.  I predict exciting things for this new group in the lead up to their debut album. Especially after their appearance on BBC Radio 1 with Huw Stephens. After this great discovery it's safe to say that, my brother was right. Listen out for these guys.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment