Albums Out This Week...

September is always a tough month to follow on from for album releases as you can see here, but it seems that October has definitely started off with a bang...

 
 
CARIBOU - OUR LOVE
I am SO excited to get my hands on this album. Ever since hearing the singles "Can't Do Without You" and "Our Love", I've just been waiting for the chance to hear it as a whole and it actually comes out today (the 6th of October)!! The vibes that I'm getting from it, I honestly think that this album could be better than Swim.






JOHNNY MARR - PLAYLAND
It's always nice when a rock legend graces us with a new album, and so soon after his debut The Messenger. I really liked the debut record and being Johnny Marr I find it highly unlikely that he'll disappoint with this follow up. Get your hands on it on the 6th of October.







ICEAGE - PLOWING INTO THE FIELD OF LOVE
There seem to be a lot of sophomore albums out today now that I think about it. Iceage's debut - You're Nothing was a pretty great piece of post punk music. Although I knew it'd I suppose "been done before", it felt quite fresh and new to me. Interested to see what this new album sounds like today.






WEEZER - EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END
Weezer are back with what looks like it's going to be an awesome new record. I've been anticipating this album for quite a while now so I'm just ready to finally listen to it. I haven't listened to any singles from it yet so when I eventually get my hands on it today everything will be a surprise - most likely a pleasant one.







FLYING LOTUS - YOU'RE DEAD!
The name Flying Lotus has been floating around the interwebs for quite sometime now and it wasn't until a recent post from Janelle Monae about "Never Catch Me (feat. Kendrick Lamar)", that I was able to put a sound to the name. Safe to say, I'm impressed. This will be a good listen on the 6th of October.






TINASHE - AQUARIUS
Prepare to hear at least two of these songs played in every club night you go to. Tinashe's recent hit "2 On (feat. Schoolboy Q)" was huge! As well as hearing it played at clubs, on the radio, etc... I did my fair share of listening to it too. I reckon that there will be a few more catchy songs on this new album with features from Dev Hynes and A$AP Rocky, I look forward to hearing it on the 7th of October.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment