DECEMBER DISCS

Pinch, punch first day of the month... AS IF it's the last month of 2014?! I'm still a bit baffled as to how the other 11 went so fast but in case you're like me and you haven't even bought one Christmas present yet - have a look at what you could pick up for someone (or yourself) here...



SIX TIME CHAMPION - EXPECTING HONESTY EP
This is actually a relatively new discovery for me. Six Time Champion popped up on Rock Sound's facebook and I thought I'd give them a listen. These guys are good! They could be a lot better but this being just their second EP - they are pretty good! Would suggest checking this out on the 1st of December.







AC/DC - ROCK OR BUST
Rock legends releasing their new record at the perfect time of year. Something great for all ages into rock. After listening to the title track "Rock Or Bust" I knew that this'd be a big album! If you need further convincing stream it here or pick up your copy on the 1st of December.





BONOBO - FLASHLIGHT EP
YES! I have been needing new music from Bonobo ever since seeing him live earlier this year here. His third and latest album The North Borders was golden and judging just by the cover of this EP, I'm sure that it will follow suit. The vinyl cold be a great Christmas present for somebody on the 1st of December.



 

TAKE THAT - III
I really thought that by now Take That would've thrown in the towel and broken up but they've proven me wrong. I really liked their older stuff and even some of their more recent songs like "The Flood" but I'm not sure how this new album will fair against their last 6. I guess we'll have to wait and see on the 1st of December.





YO LA TENGO - EXTRA PAINFUL
I've been interested in this band for over a year now and for some reason I just have not really acted on this! I've heard a few of their songs but still haven't followed through on listening to a whole album! I can't go into 2015 knowing I still haven't done it. Will grab my copy on the 2nd of December.






MARY J. BLIGE - THE LONDON SESSIONS
Recorded entirely at studios in London Mary J. Blige is finally back with a solo album and featuring loads of awesome British artists like Naughty Boy, Sam Smith, Disclosure and Emeli Sandé. This will be a really good listen. Have a listen on the 2nd of December.






WU-TANG CLAN - A BETTER TOMORROW
This is definitely a month for some old greats to make a reappearance. I haven't really listened to anything from their last two albums Iron Flag and 8 Diagrams so hopefully I can pick up with this new album on the 2nd of December and it'll be like I haven't really missed anything.







THE SMASHING PUMPKINS - MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY
Their album Oceania is still one of my favourites of 2012. I'm looking forward to this follow up in the Teargarden By Kaleidyscope trilogy. Maybe it can even make my top 7 albums of 2014 list at the end of the month. Have a listen on the 9th of December.





LIL WAYNE - THA CARTER V
Another person I'd expected to stop putting out albums a while ago. I definitely think of Lil Wayne as more of a feature artist than a soloist. However, he is still huge with his own records selling well so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a popular pick this month on the 9th of December.






NICKI MINAJ - THE PINKPRINT
I'm actually excited for this album. I'm a bit surprised at myself but I loved her first album Pink Friday her second album was little disappointing though so I hope that this third will bring back what was lost from Pink Friday on the 15th of December.







I'm sure that there are many other albums out this December so keep your ears and eyes out. Christmas should definitely be a good'un.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment