WARPAINT | DAUGHTER

As well as Savages and Bo Ningen's awesome collaboration this year, another two bands that I love have come together to do something magical. On the 24th of November, Warpaint released a remix of Daughter's "Winter"...


Winter was one of my favourites on the actual record (although to be honest, I love every single song) and so I was ecstatic when Warpaint chose this to remix and they've done an awesome job in my opinion. It hasn't topped the original, but then again remixes rarely do, it is definitely one that I'll listen to a lot for a long time to come though.

And just hours ago, Daughter revealed their remix of Warpaint's "Feeling Alright"...



I love how the two remixes differ quite a lot and how you can definitely tell the influence of each band over the track. Daughter opting for the more eery, lofty and swelling track whereas Warpaint go for an upbeat, and musically diverse track. Of the two I definitely think I like this one more as a track but Warpaint's remix is still great. Both remixes will be available as an ultra-limited edition 12” EP, available exclusively as part of Record Store Day 2015, so don't miss your chance to get your hands on these rare beauties! Now if only both of these artists would come out with a new full length record, that would be perfect!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment