VIDEO PREMIERE: Unstoppable

It feels like forever that I've been waiting for new material from Lianne, so when I heard this single (in fact the opening track on the record) last month I was ecstatic. Going by that you can guess how I felt when she dropped the video for the single a few hours ago...

LIANNE LA HAVAS - UNSTOPPABLE



Back and looking just as gorgeous as ever. This single is very different from the material on her debut - Is Your Love Big Enough? - I'm definitely feeling a bit of an Erykah vibe on the vocals at parts and Jill Scott in the bass. In other words, there's a lot of a soul on this track. I am absolutely buzzing to hear the rest of this record, it's exactly what I need right now. As many classic soul albums there are to get stuck into, it's nice to get a bit of a modern day take on it too. Obviously, I'm especially stoked to listen to the track that Prince features on. Lianne has been pretty quiet on promotion surrounding this new album up to date but at least I can tell you that her new album - Blood - will be out on the 31st of July. If you haven't listened to her absolutely stellar debut, get your hands on that album in the meantime.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment