SONG OF THE DAY: Midnight

So one of the many new albums that I've been making my way through this month has been from the lovely Lianne La Havas. On first listen it felt like an album that I was returning to after a long while - soulful, reminiscent and classic. Although right now I haven't latched onto it in the same way I did her last, this record has so many layers to it - I know it'll take some time to fully appreciate it. Anyway, before this becomes an album review...

LIANNE LA HAVAS - Midnight


Lianne's voice is just such a blessing. While she might start the song off quite controlled and timid, around the end of the second verse, those huge vocals shine through - such versatile strength. This is definitely my favourite song on the album so far. I can already imagine how glorious this would sound live. Although the album received critical acclaim coming in at number 2 on it's release, I still feel like Lianne is underrated. She might just have one of the most interesting and beautiful voices of "our time"! Even looking at this song from an impartial view, there's no denying it's quality. I'll be humming this tune for days to come.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment