NUMBER SEVENTEEN

Out of every single name on this list, this artist has been all over the news and social media the most by a long way. If you hadn't heard any of her music until now, shame on you, but there's no way that you haven't at least heard her name. In at number 17 is Cardi B with the aptly titled Invasion Of Privacy.

Like most people I'd only really heard about Cardi B musically after her smash "Bodak Yellow" came out. That song is still a hit to this very day and despite how much overplaying it's gone through and how much the radio has tried to make me hate it, it's stood the test of time and still makes me feel just as good as I did listening to it for the first time. The same could be said about this entire album to be honest. It's hands down one of the most popular albums to come out this year and as much as I try to shy away from things with a ridiculous amount of hype surrounding them, I've found myself coming back to this album on so many occasions.

Stand-out tracks for me right now are "Get Up 10", "Bickenhead", "She Bad (feat. YG)", and "I Do (feat. SZA)". I say that those are my favourites for right now because that most definitely was not the case when it first came out. After the first listen I would have told you that "She Bad" should have never even made it onto the final album and "I Like It (feat. Bad Bunny & J Balvin)" would have been my favourite by quite a mile. However, overplaying changed and cemented all of my opinions. I don't see my favourites changing around again for a while but I can safely say that I'll be sitting with this album time and time again in 2019.

There's undoubtedly some controversy surrounding Cardi B, yet also a number of people supporting her as somebody that encourages women celebrate their sexuality and to be themselves completely and unashamedly. Cardi puts so much personality and charisma into her writing that it's hard not to like her, or at the very least admire her honesty. As a debut, she's definitely let the world know who she is and I don't doubt that she'll be keeping us updated.

Dropping in at number 17 last year with this gem right here.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment