Lots Of Lovely Live Lounges...

I've seen/heard a lot of fantastic performances in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge this week and so I thought I'd share a few of my favourites...

First up is one of my more recent discoveries The 1975 in the Live Lounge covering Chris Malinchak's "So Good To Me". This band just has such a good vibe about them and I like that they're able to transfer that vibe to whatever they're doing whether they're performing their own material or someone else's. Exhibit A...


Now, one of my personal favourites from this week. Rudimental were up in the Live Lounge with Ella Eyre and whilst also performing their latest single "Waiting All Night" they covered Paramore's single "Now" and they really put a twist on it. This is what I feel covers should be like, unless you can sing it as well as or better than the original, a cover should always be a unique twist on the original. Check this out for a twist...

 

The next Live Lounge is probably the most recent. Daughter were in the Live Lounge last night producing gold and this was apparently amongst the treasure chest. They covered Daft Punk and Pharell's new track "Get Lucky" which I personally think is a very overrated song. However, this cover may have seriously made me rethink some things...


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment