New Discoveries: Wolf Alice

I should honestly start calling these posts 'not-so-new discoveries' because if I'm truthful, I discovered Wolf Alice a few months ago. However, their awesomeness needs to be acknowledged. A good friend of mine introduced me to this band and here's the first song of theirs that I heard....

Wolf Alice - Fluffy


As soon as I heard the intro I was like "ah, typical" - because this is exactly the kind of music that my friend loves listening to. So once I'd finished listening I thought "yeah, it's a pretty good song, I quite like them", then I put the song on my iPod and completely forgot about it for a while. More recently whilst my iPod was on shuffle, this came on again and I couldn't believe it was the same song haha. I grossly underestimated them and this song upon first listen, and imagining this song in live/festival-type scenarios made me appreciate their brilliance so much more. The raucous and panicked chorus of this song meshes perfectly with the softer, melodic verses to give a really unique touch to the band and their music.

After I realised how good they were I listened to a few more songs from their self-titled EP and the verdict still stands. I definitely look forward to seeing them at Latitude Festival this year and also look forward to them hopefully releasing a full length album some time soon.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment