MY OH MY JULY!

Just over a week into July and already we're closer to next year than we are to last. There have been so many good albums to come from 2014 and if this carries on, it might even be harder than it was last year to choose my 7 best albums of the year! Either way, here are some new albums to have a listen to from this month...

ONES WE'VE MISSED...



TREY SONGZ - TRIGGA
The reason for one f the most overplayed party songs of the decade "Na Na", is finally here! I seriously doubt that the rest of the album will get half as much airtime as this song did but it doesn't have to. I just hope that there are some songs on it that either produce the same level of catchiness or at least vocal ability. Out on the 1st of July - should be a good listen.





ROBIN THICKE - PAULA
To be honest, I can't really even think of this as an album where it is obviously an overly blatant and pretty embarrassing plea for his ex-Wife's forgiveness pt to music. Laden with cringey cliches and a load of skip-worthy songs is Robin Thicke's latest endeavour. Also out on the 1st of July - my advice would be that if you are just satisfying curiousity about this record, do not pay money for it.




SIA - 1000 FORMS OF FEAR
Now, an album that I can get behind 100%! I've been in love with Sia's voice since 2004 "Breathe Me" days and many people know her as the voice behind "Titanium" and "She Wolf". In my opinion, she's one of the most important songwriters we have around at the minute and so when I heard "Chandelier" from this record recently, I knew I had to get my hands on it. Out since the 7th of July - do yourself a favour.





AUTOBAHN - ULCER EP
Since seeing Autobahn live here I've kept an eye out for them and their music to see if there was anything more that they could do to cement me as a fan. Well, since then, here it is - an EP for me to hopefully get into. Will have to have a listen as it's been out since the 7th of July, and it'll potentially lead on to me purchasing their next album... who knows?!






MANIC STREET PREACHERS - FUTUROLOGY
Since their release last year Rewind The Film I haven't really heard anything from them, but if the last album is anything to go by then I'm excited for this one. Although I didn't get to see them perform at Glastonbury this year, I have no doubts that they'd be a sight to see live! Get your hands on this one - out on the 7th of July.




ONES TO LOOK FORWARD TO...


JUNGLE - JUNGLE
2014 has most definitely been Jungle's year - they've become huge over the past few months, NME even naming them as a band that they could see headlining festivals next year. To be honest, if 2015 goes as well for them as 2014 has, then I don't see why not! Since first listening to "Platoon" and now hearing their latest single "Time", I can tell that this debut album will be a stoke of genius. Roll on the 14th of July.






MORRISSEY - WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
Already hearing talks of this being one of Morrissey's best works of late. Only one way to find out really. The album hits the shelves on the 14th of July. Knowing the indie icon, this'll be a great listen both musically and especially lyrically. I. AM. READY.





LA ROUX - TROUBLE IN PARADISE
I honestly thought that La Roux would just stay a one hit wonder after her record with "Bulletproof" and "In For The Kill" but it turns out that five years later she's making a comeback. So far I've only heard a couple of songs from it and I'm not too interested but I must admit that "Uptight Downtown" is a bit of a tune. Will definitely be having a listen of the full album on the 21st of July.







THE FAMILY RAIN - HUNGER SAUCE EP
The three brothers are back with an EP to follow their album Under The Volcano and although I feel like the band are moving more slowly than I'd expected them too, this isn't necessarily bad because at least they're being consistent. I look forward to hearing what their hard work sounds like on the 28th of July.




Have a look at what last month had to offer here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment